The Randolph County Register of Deeds maintains birth, death and marriage records for those who were born, whose death
occurred, or whose marriage license is filed in Randolph County.
Who may obtain a certified copy of a birth, death, or marriage certificate?
Certified copies will be issued to:
- The applicant
- The applicant's spouse
- The applicant's parent/step-parent
- The applicant's brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister
- The applicant's child/step-child
- The applicant's grandparent/grandchild
- Any person seeking information for legal determination of personal or property rights
- An authorized agent, attorney, or legal representative of the applicant
*Valid government-issued identification is required from all who request a certified
vital record. Uncertified copies of all vital records are open to public inspection.
*A matricular consular or other similar document, other than a valid
passport issued by a consulate or embassy of another country, is not acceptable for use in determining a person's
actual identity or residency. N.C. Session Law 2015-294
How do I obtain a certified copy?
You can: APPLY FOR A CERTIFIED COPY ONLINE **This will redirect you to another site to place your order.**
Randolph County Register of Deeds
At this time, we will be issuing certificates of birth for those born ONLY in Randolph County. NO ADOPTIONS SEE BELOW
- Complete, sign, and mail Application for Certified Copy of a Vital Record form to the address listed below.
- Return the signed application, along with $10 fee (Certified
Check or Money Order), self-addressed stamped envelope and a copy of your current, nonexpired driver's license or other government issued photo ID to:
P. O. Box 4458
158 Worth St.
Asheboro, NC 27204
Birth Records of Adopted Persons
Birth Certificates of individuals who were adopted ARE NOT
available at our office and are only on file at the NC State Office of Vital Records.
Contact NC Vital Records for assistance with adoption records at (919)733-3526.
For information on obtaining a certified copy of a vital record from the NC
Dept. of Health and Human Services Division of Public Health - Vital Records
Unit, Please visit their website at: http://vitalrecords.nc.gov/vitalrecords/
or Contact NC Vital Records @ 984-236-7268
Out of county North Carolina birth records (1971-current) can also be obtained in the Register of Deeds office through North Carolina Vital Records for a fee
of $24 (NO PERSONAL CHECKS).
* NOT APPLICABLE UNTIL JANUARY 1, 2024.
The General Assembly of 1913 enacted legislation requiring the registration of all births and deaths
occurring in North Carolina. This legislation became effective October 1,1913.